At Branxholme Castle we take our commitment to the environment very very seriously. Our stunning landscapes of Hawick and its natural environment are very important to us. Not just Hawick all Scotland and the world. We know that one of the pressing issues facing our beautiful planet and beautiful Scotland is how we can find ways to live sustainably in the future. The future for our families and friends and their families. We are proud to be a family business and we are passionate about making sure it will be enjoyed for generations to come. We also want you to have the perfect stay with us, knowing that your holiday environment is being cared for by us in as many ways as we can. Read on to find a few of the actions we are taking to help protect our environment and promote sustainability. We hope you as guests respect the environment and you do all you can to assist with recycling and disposing of rubbish.
At Branxholme Castle we are:
- Minimising our carbon footprint and reducing the amount of waste going to landfill
- Extending our sustainable sourcing and help improve local businesses and our local community within our local supply chain.
- Promote the principle of sustainable development whereby the present needs of Branxholme Castle will not compromise the abilities of future generations to meet our own needs.
- Take all measures that are reasonably practical to reduce waste at its source.
- Dispose of final wastes by the most environmentally suitable means.
- Adopt the practice of responsible energy management through reduced consumption and the encouragement of energy efficiency throughout the business.
- Aim for continuous improvement, we re-use waste components where it is safe and practicable to do so.
The Branxholme Castle Bedrooms:
- We use low-energy bulbs where possible.
- We can change bed linen when requested but for the environment, every 5 days stay. Kettles are of 1-litre capacity or less to save energy boiling water that is not required.
The Branxholme Castle Bathrooms:
- Our toilet rolls are certified 100% British recycled.
What you can do to help our environment at Branxholme Castle:
- Place used towels in an area so that they are not being washed after each use.
- Please switch off the lights when you leave the accommodation.
- Turn the tap off when you are cleaning your teeth or shaving rather than leaving it running. Also, a shower only uses a third of the water compared to a bath.
- The hot tub is regularly cleaned however, please try to be respectful by not spilling drinks and no accidental toilets in there.
- Our energy-efficient televisions use less energy when left on standby.
- Please remember to unplug mobile phone chargers when they are not in use, as they use up lots of energy.
- Turn the tap off when you are cleaning your teeth or shaving rather than leaving it running throughout.
- Only boil the amount of water in the kettle that you need. This small action can help save more electricity than you would think.
Thank you for helping us to protect the environment whilst you enjoy your stay with Branxholme Castle.